Fourth Annual SuriCon in Vancouver!
Celebrating 10 Years of Suricata with Another Sold-out Crowd!
Once again Suricata’s community of developers, users, and business leaders from around the world came together for SuriCon 2018 in Vancouver, British Columbia. For the fourth year our incredible speakers, generous sponsors, and community enjoyed a full week of training, talks, networking, and community.
Here are some of the highlights…
- For the fourth year in a row, SuriCon 2018 sold out with over 160 attendees!
- 64 organizations from 16 countries around the world represented — a great testament to Suricata’s global reach.
- The sponsor reception was once again a big “hit” giving attendees and sponsors an opportunity to socialize and network.
- Community members shared their research and worked with Suricata at the NEW poster session that kicked off during the sponsor reception.
- During SuriCon 2017 we heard the feedback from the community that we needed to improve the process of tracking the Suricata roadmap — we took this feedback to heart and reported improvements during the always interactive Suricata Roadmap brainstorm session — thank you to ALL of you who participated in the lively discussion and toasting to Suricata’s next 10 years!
- Suricata Support Services pilot program officially kicked off in 2018 with the official program coming to the community in late 2019.
- Three new and improved training classes added to the pre-SuriCon line-up — a big thank you to all our trainers: Peter Manev, Eric Leblond, Travis Green, Josh Stroschein, Jack Mott, and Jason Williams.
- Thanks to our sponsors and Suricata training attendees 100% of the total cost of the conference was raised — we couldn’t have done it without you!
As another SuriCon came to a close, we took a moment and raised our glasses to this incredible community and the collective commitment that makes Suricata a world-class technology today and FAR into the future!
See you next year in Amsterdam!
Sagan: Like Suricata But for Logs! — Champ Clark III, Quadrant Information Sec
Thanks again to our incredible sponsors!
Norwegian University of Science
and Technology (NTNU)
Quadrant Information Security
R. Scott Belford