Fifth Annual SuriCon in Amsterdam!
The Largest SuriCon Crowd EVER!
Once again, Suricata’s community of developers, users, and business leaders from around the world came together for SuriCon 2019 in Amsterdam. This year’s SOLD OUT crowd of global Fortune 100 companies, large and small security enterprises, start-ups, other open-source projects, and government enjoyed a full week of Suricata training, talks, networking, and community.
Here are the highlights…
- For the amazing fifth year, SuriCon 2019 sold out with an unprecedented 210 attendees with less than 1% attrition! Note – though SuriCon continues to grow, we have decided to cap attendance at 250, so we can maintain the close-knit community atmosphere.
- Over 50 organizations from more than 24 countries around the world were in attendance.
- The newly expanded OISF team – we are now 14 people – was introduced to the community.
- The Capture-the-Flag challenge was again met with great enthusiasm and excitement by attendees – dethroning last year’s winners were the “NAME.”
- With the historic backdrop at the Beurs van Berlage, the sponsor reception once again gave attendees and sponsors an opportunity to socialize and network.
- Community members shared their research and worked with Suricata at the 2nd SuriCon poster session.
- During SuriCon 2017 and 2018, we heard the feedback from the community that we needed to improve the process of tracking the Suricata roadmap — we continue to work on these improvements — thank you to ALL of you who participated in this year’s discussion.
- The official launch of the Suricata Support Services program was announced – thank you to the companies in the pilot program and their feedback.
- Coming January 2020 – final touches on the new Suricata Developer program are in the works and the pilot program opened to the community soon – this program will give new access to the Suricata developers while helping to support OISF’s operations.
- ALL of our training classes were updated with the latest and greatest in Suricata — a big thank you to all the OISF trainers!
Thank you to our incredible sponsors, consortium members, and EVERYONE for attending SuriCon. It’s because of YOU that Suricata is one of the most respected open source projects in the world!
See you next year in Boston, Massachusetts!
Frankenstack. Busting the Red Team with Duct Tape, Spit and Tears —
Markus Kont, Mauno Pihelgas
IP and TCP Flow Reassembly Testing: From RFC to PCAP — Johan Mazel, Jacob Solal, Pierre Chifflier
XDP: New Features and Testing Methodology — Peter Manev, Eric Leblond
More Bellini than Prosecco: Suricata as a “Library” — Danny J Browning
Suricata in German Critical Infrastructures — Benjamin Kahler, MSc
Extract All the Juice From Signatures — Eric Leblond, Peter Manev
Scapy-flow: Creating Test Data for Parsers/Signatures/Metadata — Pierre Chifflier
Thanks again to our incredible sponsors!
SPONSOR OF THE SPEAKER DINNER
R. Scott Belford