SEVENTH ANNUAL SURICON IN ATHENS!
This year we were ecstatic to welcome our Suricata community members as they converged on Athens for SuriCon2022. For those unable to make the trek, we once again offered a virtual attendance option, which included a live feed supported by our SuriCon Discord channels. Whether onsite or online, there’s nothing better than connecting with our amazing Suricata community!
Some highlights from 2022…
- 10 new speakers, the most new speakers since 2016
- 2 new OISF team members – Lukas Sismis and David Albanese – welcomed and introduced to the community
- Our conference was held in the newly renovated spaces of the Grand Hyatt Athens
- Revamped trainings with the most current versions of Suricata, so attendees can stay on the cutting edge – thanks again to our trainers, Peter Manev, Eric Leblond, Phililppe Antoine, and the entire OISF team onsite to support the trainings
- The Suricata Development Roadmap brainstorm discussed new features and requests for Suricata, as well as process improvements for our community to engage in development
- Speaker gifts from a local nonprofit, Shedia, which provides opportunities to those experiencing homelessness
THANK YOU to all who supported SuriCon2022 – speakers, sponsors, and attendees. It’s because of all of you in our community that Suricata continues to be world-class and open source!
Let’s Try Something New with Storage for Suricata! — Champ Clark III
Pwning Suricata for Fun and Defense — Philippe Antoine
Jupyter Playbooks for Suricata — Markus Kont
Suricata Datasets: Powerful IOC Checking and Anomaly Detection — Eric Leblond
Log4Shell Case Study: Using Suricata for Incident Response — Brandon Devault
In Hot Pursuit: Hunting with Metadata for Recently Disclosed CVEs — Peter Manev
Adding a New Protocol to Suricata: Live! — Juliana Fajardini Reichow
Enhancing Suricata Performance with a DPI Engine — Sebastien Synold
Detecting Lateral Movements with Suricata Multi-Tenant Setups in Zero Trust Network Architectures — Nidhi V. Singhai & Vagisha Gupta
Distributed Sensor Network: Development and Implementation of a Distributed Sensor Network Using Suricata on a Brazilian Academic Network — Rildo Souza
Suricata and CodeQL: Hunting Bugs with Yet Another Static Analysis Tool — Thibaut Hansmann & Hugo Florenty
Lightning Talk: Parsing with Spicy — Benjamin Bannier
Lightning Talk: Tune Rulesets with Metadata Tags — Brandon Murphy
Lightning Talk: Suricata Landlock Support — Eric Leblond
Lightning Talk: Development and Maintenance of Suricata – Shivani Bhardwaj
Customizable Decay: How to Maximize Suricata Event Utility in Finite Space — Sascha Steinbiss, Matthias Vallentin, & Benno Evers
Accelerating Suricata with DPDK Prefilters: 386 Days Later — Lukas Sismis
Suricata’s Integration with Cyber Ranges — Chris “BigBiz” Brown
Thanks again to our incredible sponsors!
Dr. Christopher Wakelin